Monday, September 14, 2015

The Ups and Downs

What a CRAZY last few days we've had.  We finished our profile book!!!!!!! We are really proud of the way it turned out.  It was really overwhelming to work on, but I think it turned out great.  Hopefully it is an accurate depiction of our life.

I e-mailed our book to Geralyn and got a response from her almost immediately asking me to call her about a possible situation.  (I was totally freaking out).  There are a set of birth parents looking for a musical family for their child to grow up in. Geralyn said we were the most musical family she had.  So, I had our book rush shipped to these birth parents' adoption counselor.  This is a unique situation because normally, we wouldn't even know someone was looking at our book.  Hopefully, we will hear something next week (if we are picked to meet them), otherwise, we just assume we weren't picked.  It will really depend on what is most important to the birth parents.  Some of the other things they are looking for in adoptive parents don't really fit us, but we will see.

I guess this really will be a roller coaster.  I have been convincing myself for the past few days that they WILL pick us and that they WON'T pick us.  Even if they DO pick us, they still have the option to parent their child.  I am a big believer in signs, karma, energy, and those kind of things.  And in the last few days, there have been so many signs that (to me) mean we are getting a baby.  The biggest one being a coworker telling me she had a dream that Mike and I announced we were getting a baby boy.  That one really freaked me out (in a good way)!  My Disney day by day calendar was Dumbo yesterday (that's the theme we will use for the baby's room), Mike had the word "adopt" in a crossword puzzle, there was a question about adoption on Jeopardy, and a few other little signs.  You may think I'm crazy, and I am trying not to get my hopes up, but these little signs are giving me hope that this will workout.

The more I think about it, the more this whole thing is kind of crazy.  When you are pregnant, you know you have about nine months and then you get a baby.  With adoption, you could wait a few days, weeks, months, years, and then get a baby with or without much notice.  Even if you are matched, the birth mom has 48 hours after she delivers to change her mind.

Because of this, Mike and I have decided not to get anything we need for a baby until we have a baby in our arms.  Luckily, we have so many amazing friends and family members, that I think we will have people showing up to our house with everything we need almost immediately.

I am not actually publishing this post until this particular possible adoption situation is a little more resolved, but I wanted to write about what was going on right now.

Thank you EVERYONE for your incredible kindness and support!

Until next time...

Katie
"DNA doesn't make a family, love does" - The Fosters

No comments:

Post a Comment